CAMPER PACKING LIST
- Sleeping bag or twin sheet set and blankets
CLOTHES (for each day)
- T-shirts (straps must be as thick as 2 fingers wide – no exceptions)
- Long pants
- Shorts/capris (shorts need to be modest and be no shorter than the tip of your middle finger – no exceptions!)
- Sweatshirt /Jacket for cool evenings
- Sneakers / closed toed shoes
- Flip flops for pool area
- Swimsuit (modest one piece only for girls)
- Monastery appropriate attire for visiting the Nuns on Thursday & attending Liturgy on Friday:
- Girls: Long dresses or skirts that cover your knees (no slits and not see-through), a head scarf, a sweater or sleeves that cover your elbows, closed toed shoes.
- Boys: Long sleeve button up shirts with collar, long pants and closed toed shoes
- Sunglasses and/or hat
- Swimming goggles
- Bug spray
- Pre-washed 100% Cotton white or light colored T-shirt or pillow case for Arts & Crafts
- Shampoo/ Conditioner
- Soap or body wash
- Toothbrush, toothpaste/ personal toiletries
- Towels for showering & swimming
- Spending money for camp store & monastery bookstore (will be turned in at check in)
- Medications (will be turned in at check in)
- Allergy medication
- Laundry bag
- Comforts of home: photo, stuffed animal, favorite book (make sure they’re replaceable)
- Notebook/Pen/Pencil (optional)
- Campers and Counselors will wear appropriate clothing suitable for church camp at all times.
- Midriff tops, spaghetti strap tops, tube tops, and/or halter tops are NOT permitted.
- The rule of thumb for shoulder straps will be the TWO FINGER WIDE rule.
- Exposed bra straps are not acceptable.
- Modest shorts may be worn at any time. Modest shorts are ones that are at least as long as the TIP OF YOUR MIDDLE FINGER when your hand is against your thigh. Please also note that if you wear athletic shorts, that you cannot roll them to be shorter than the length of your middle finger at any time.
- Yoga style pants and capris are permitted, however, they must be worn with a longer shirt so that your behind is modestly covered.
- Modest one-piece bathing suits (no cutouts) for girls, and fingertip length swim trunks for boys are required.
- Shirts must be worn at all times (except for boys when swimming).
- Shirts with large arm holes clear down to the bottom of the shirt tail (large openings) are not permitted.
- For safety purposes, shoes must be worn at all times.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING
- Cameras (we will have photographers)
- CD /MP3 Players
- Cell Phones
- Other electronics
These items are disruptive to the camp experience. If these items are brought, they will be confiscated and returned at the end of the camp session.
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED AT CAMP
- Weapons (guns, knives, etc.)
- Drugs, alcohol, vape
- Tobacco and related substances
If these items are brought, they will be confiscated and the camper will be SENT HOME.
- If your camper brings medication, it must be given to the Health Care Person (Camp Doctor/Nurse) and labeled with their name in a gallon size zip lock bag.
- The medication MUST be in its original container, including all over-the-counter and prescription medications.
- If it is a prescription, it must be noted on the Doctor's signed Medical Health form.
- All medications must also be entered into the camper's CampDoc health profile, otherwise we cannot distribute to them during camp.
FOLLOWING THE RULES
The Metropolis of San Francisco reserves the right to terminate the participation of any camper who does not follow the guidelines of the program or through his/her actions or behavior, provides a disruption to the summer camp program or the experience of other participants. No refunds will be given for any parts of the program missed by the camper.
Please also note that you will be financially responsible for any damage to the property by your camper. This includes writing names or messages on the cabin bunk beds or defacing the property in any way. Please make sure to communicate this to your camper.