March 9-11, 2018
NatureBridge Retreat Center
1033 Fort Cronkhite
Sausalito, CA 94965
This retreat is for Orthodox youth currently in the 6th-12th grades.
Full price is $195.00.
Some parishes offer partial scholarships. Please check with your parish priest.
Payment includes: 2 Nights lodging and all meals on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO “CHURCH OF THE HOLY CROSS”
Please mail to:
Church of the Holy Cross
c/o Tommy Felactu
900 Alameda de las Pulgas Belmont, CA 94002
Dorm Rooms: Large rooms with multiple bunk beds. All of the dorms have attached bathrooms and electricity.
Guys and girls will be separated in different dorms.
Bedding & towels are not provided.
TRANSPORTATION ON FRIDAY:
Everyone is asked to come to Holy Cross Church in Belmont for the Salutations service which begins at 7:00pm.
Afterwards we will depart for the retreat center, NatureBridge (formerly Marin Headlands). It takes about 45 minute to get there.
If it is more convenient for you to go directly to the retreat center, then please arrive at 9:00pm.
Once everyone is registered we will email all families to ask about transportation options.
NATUREBRIDGE RETREAT CENTER
NatureBridge is located 10 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge.
For more information about NatureBridge, click here:
All meals will be vegetarian in observance of the Lenten Fast. We will be sure to exclude ingredients that your teen(s) may be allergic to as long as you inform us of any dietary restrictions in their registration form.
CELL PHONE POLICY
CELL PHONE RECEPTION
There is very little to no cell phone reception at NatureBridge.
Regardless, teens should not have cell phones with them during the retreat to truly focus on their relationship with God.
POLICY FOR CALLING CHILDREN AT RETREAT
We ask that parents do not call their teens during the retreat unless for emergency reasons.
Should an emergency requiring communication with your teen arise, you can call the NatureBridge facilities.
LIST OF ITEMS TO BRING:
1. Clothes for warm and cool weather (Bring rain gear)
2. Warm jacket
3. Towel for shower
4. Comfortable shoes and clothes
5. Closed‐toe shoes for outdoors
6. Flip flops for showers
7. Hiking shoes—it gets dirty so bring shoes you don’t mind getting messy!
8. Long‐sleeved shirt and long pants for hiking
11. Church clothes for Friday night service and Sunday Liturgy
13. Rain coat/poncho (in case it rains)
15. Flashlight w/new batteries
16. Water Bottle!!!!!
17. Toiletries (towels, toothbrush/toothpaste, comb/brush, shampoo, conditioner, soap)
18. Sleeping Bag or blanket
19. Twin-fitted Bed sheet
20. Pillow and Pillow Case
21. Insect Repellent
DO NOT BRING THE FOLLOWING
2. Inappropriate clothing (ie: references to drugs, alcohol, profanity, etc)
3. Cell phones and other electronics (ie: i‐Pods, i‐Touch’s, i‐Pads, MP3’s, etc.)